By Adam Kelly
Read or Download American Fiction in Transition: Observer-Hero Narrative, the 1990s, and Postmodernism PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Contemplating the presence and impression of trained girls of letters in Spain and New Spain, this learn seems to be on the existence and paintings of early smooth ladies who recommended via note or instance for the schooling of girls. the themes of the booklet comprise not just such primary figures as Sor Juana and Santa Teresa de Jesús, but additionally of much less renowned ladies in their time.
Gwenlyn Parry was once some of the most vital Welsh-language playwrights of the 20 th century and performed a key position within the popularisation and flourishing of drama within the theatre and on tv in the course of the Nineteen Seventies and Nineteen Eighties. Parry’s significant degree performs – Saer Doliau, Tŷ ar y Tywod, Y Ffin and Y Tŵr – had a considerable influence, and have been instrumental in solidifying a brand new dating among drama and theatrical creation in Welsh, bringing the theatricality of the Absurd to a favored viewers for the 1st time.
During this research, Ronald Berman examines the paintings of the critic/novelist Edmund Wilson and the artwork of F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway as they wrestled with the issues of language, event, belief and fact within the "age of jazz. " by means of focusing in particular on aesthetics—the methods those writers translated daily truth into language—Berman demanding situations and redefines many oftentimes permitted rules about the legacy of those authors.
Multiliterate eire examines a range of Irish literature to light up a legacy of a multilingual historical past, confirmed via works that diversity from earlier centuries to the current period. This learn examines authors who applied or extra languages within the similar poem, play, or paintings of fiction, sometimes called “code-mixing” and “code-switching,” of basically English and Irish Gaelic languages, yet with the inclusion of others resembling Latin, Greek, and French, and examines linguistically and traditionally why those multiliterate offerings have been made.
- Exploring the Other World: Racism and Imperialism in Joseph Conrad and Henry Rider Haggard
- An Ethics of Becoming: Configurations of Feminine Subjectivity in Jane Austen Charlotte Bronte, and George Eliot (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
- First Words: On Dostoevsky’s Introductions (The Unknown Nineteenth Century)
- Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man: A Reference Guide (Greenwood Guides to Multicultural Literature)
- To Promote, Defend, and Redeem: The Catholic Literary Revival and the Cultural Transformation of American Catholicism, 1920-1960: Catholic Literary Revival ... to the Study of World History)
- From Amazons to Zombies: Monsters in Latin America (Bucknell Studies in Latin American Literature and Theory)
Additional resources for American Fiction in Transition: Observer-Hero Narrative, the 1990s, and Postmodernism
American Fiction in Transition: Observer-Hero Narrative, the 1990s, and Postmodernism by Adam Kelly